Advertise in Around 505
Celebrating the New Mexico lifestyle every season of the year.
Around 505 is a terrific way to reach local customers in print and online. We're now offering integrated packages to help you tell your story and join the conversation here online.
To learn more and get a free digital advertising consultation complete the form below. Also, don't forget to add your business listing to our directory where you can collect customer reviews - with the widget and Facebook app you can show off those reviews on your website or your Facebook page.
Don't have a Facebook page or need to get more out of it? We can help there too!
In Around 505 you'll find: personalities, art, culture, advice and self-help, product reviews and travel tips for New Mexico and Southern Colorado.
Newsstand Sales (Albuquerque, Rio Rancho & Santa Fe):
• Select Hastings, Downtown Subscription, Hyatt Tamaya Resort, Page One and more
10,000 copies printed and delivered to:
• Paid subscribers
• Select events and festivals throughout NM, including Balloon Fiesta,Indian Market, State Fair, Fiery Foods Show & more.
• New Mexico and Northwest Texas AAA offices.
• Select concierge desks at Albuquerque/Santa Fe hotels.
Travelers get Atlas 505:
• Extra copies of map-filled travel section distributed at Albuquerque airport rental car agencies, state welcome centers and select resorts. Guaranteed placement fee of 15% applies for single insertion. Surcharge waived for multiple-issue agreement.
• FALL – (distributed Sept. 15 - Dec. 14) space deadline: Aug. 14
• WINTER – (distributed Dec 15 - March 14) space deadline: Nov. 14
• SPRING – (distributed March 15 - June 14) space deadline: Feb. 14
• SUMMER – (distributed June 15- Sept. 14) space deadline: May 14
• The average age of our readers is 52; 54% are female; 79% are married.
• almost 20% earn $60,000-$75,000; 36% of our readers earn six-figure incomes.
• More than 74% of our readers graduated from college – 28% with bachelors degrees; 35% master’s; 11% doctorates.
• Most-mentioned occupations include administrative/executive, business owner, engineering & medical.
• Around 505 asked what topics were of most interest. Highest-ranking topics (5 on a 1-5 scale) were: travel (55%), entertainment (41%), culture (41%), art (43%) and recreation (34%).
• Almost 43% of our readers use the Internet 6-10 times per week. • They dine out an average of 3.6 times per week.
• 505 readers’ favorite activities are: reading (96%), vacationing (out of state - 90%, in state - 87%). Attending performing arts events and fine arts or cultural events also garnered 80%-90% rankings. Some 90% of our readers garden; more than 60% report interest in health and fitness.
• About 72% listen to radio one hour or less per day, primarily for news (drive time).
How Can One Ad Reach Two Vital Travel Markets?
With a limited advertising budget, which is the best travel market to attract?
• Albuquerque residents make multiple but shorter trips throughout Southern CO and NM, but
• out-of-state visitors spend more time and money in these regions.
With Around 505, you don’t have to compromise. Reach both markets with a single ad.
The travel supplement within the pages of our quarterly publication is overprinted and distributed to airport rental car agencies, state welcome centers and visitors bureaus.
This map-filled “mini-magazine” also includes travel-related features appropriate to the season. Atlas 505 is so popular with rental agencies, several have quit printing their own maps in lieu of the ones featured in our supplement.
“It’s so popular,” says one rental agency employee, “people that don’t even rent from us grab copies.” Welcome center employees even try to stockpile particular issues for year-round distribution.
Tourism department surveys show travelers often alter their trips based on information received after arriving in N.M. Some 40% even add extra days to their vacation based on the same information received once they’re in the state.
This section (pp. 15 – 38 in every issue) also reaches metro-area
residents who receive Around 505 magazine. And these readers have a track record of taking mini-vacations within the region, according to our reader survey.
Fall – foliage drives; a balloon fiesta schedule with exceptional distribution at the event;
Winter – what’s new at area ski resorts;
Spring – the annual tourism issue features fly fishing in the region; and
Summer – favorite golf courses in CO and NM.
Advertising packages available to meet every budget.
* Required Field