Fruity, Festive Pairings for a Party
Aug 31, 2015 02:35AM ● Published by Family Features
(Family Features) From pool parties to baseball games to backyard barbecues, this time of year provides a number of occasions to enjoy time with family and friends. This summer, take your gatherings to the next level with a fun and festive drink menu that reflects the fresh flavors of the season.
Today Americans are turning to wine more often than ever before, and the summer months are no exception. Barefoot Refresh, a refreshingly vibrant, light-bodied spritzer, is the perfect alternative for those quintessential summertime occasions. Available in five delicious blends that are perfect for sharing, these vibrant wines can be found at retailers nationwide.
Fruit Caprese with Sangria Spritz
Bring seasonal produce to the table by skewering mozzarella balls, watermelon, honeydew and other favorite summer melons. Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar, garnish with freshly cut basil and serve with a vibrant white wine spritzer, such as this recipe for Sangria Spritz.
- 1 green apple, diced
- 1 red pear, diced
- 1 lemon, cut in small pieces
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 2 ounces brandy
- 3 ounces simple syrup
- 1 bottle (750 milliliters) Barefoot Refresh Crisp White Spritzer
- Place fruit, rosemary sprig, brandy and simple syrup in pitcher. Cover and allow to marinate for 2 to 4 hours or overnight. When ready to serve, add chilled white spritzer to pitcher. Stir briefly. Serve over ice.
Shrimp Cocktail and Summer Lovin’
Kick off your summer event with a simple appetizer of chilled fresh-cooked shrimp dunked in tangy cocktail sauce. Bring out the flavors of this classic starter by serving with this recipe for Summer Lovin’, a light and refreshing drink.
- 1 cup fresh seedless watermelon
- 6-8 large fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 4 ounces Barefoot Refresh Perfectly Pink
- Watermelon wedge for garnish
- Place watermelon, strawberries and simple syrup in blender (no ice). Blend until smooth. Pour into tall glass over ice. Top with pink spritzer. Add watermelon wedge as garnish, if desired.
In need of a tasty appetizer to serve when the guests arrive? These flavorful bites and complementing spritzers are sure to please. For more ways to enjoy summer's casual moments, visit www.BarefootWine.com.
Photo courtesy of Getty Images