Dote on Dad with a Backyard Brunch
Jun 08, 2015 02:48AM ● Published by Family Features
Candied Grilled Bacon
- 6 slices thick-cut applewood bacon
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Ground Cinnamon
- Arrange bacon slices in single layer on bacon grilling rack or shallow disposable foil pan. Grill over medium-high heat 10 to 12 minutes or until bacon edges begin to curl. Remove pan from grill. Drain drippings.
- Microwave honey and cinnamon in small microwavable bowl on high 30 seconds, stirring after 15 seconds. Brush bacon with honey mixture. Place bacon directly on grill over low heat. Grill 2 to 3 minutes per side or until crisp.
Cedar Plank Grilled Egg in Toast
- 2 cedar planks (about 12x6 inches each)
- 4 slices bread, such as brioche or challah (3/4-inch thick slices)
- 7 eggs, divided
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Grill Mates Applewood Rub, divided
- 1/2 cup grated smoked Cheddar cheese
- Soak cedar planks in water for at least 4 hours or overnight. Drain and pat dry.
- Remove centers of each slice of bread with 3-inch round cookie cutter. Beat 3 eggs with milk and 2 tablespoons of the Applewood Rub in medium bowl until well blended.
- Lightly oil 1 side of each of planks. Place planks, oil side up, on preheated grill over medium heat. Dip bread in egg mixture. Place on planks. Break an egg into each of holes. Sprinkle eggs with remaining 1/2 teaspoon Applewood Rub. Cover grill.
- Grill 10 minutes. Sprinkle eggs with cheese and additional Applewood Rub, if desired. Grill, covered, 10 minutes longer.